Monday, July 6, 2009

That Old Truck

A slow drive through this small fishing village gives you a brief view of what lies there....but to stop, get out, and take a walk helps to capture the lesser things. You can pass the waterfront where the fishing boats lie, where the smell of fresh fish and the mix of cooked restaurant food permeates the salt air, and small stores lazily find business through the weekday lulls. You can make a left at the end of that captivating road and you'll find a row of beautiful full bushes that overhang the sidewalk on the right and provide amazing smells of fresh flowers in the spring, and incredible shade from the bright afternoon sun. Not far up the road stand several beautiful houses, some of the most beautiful in town, before you arrive at the town park. One of these spectacular houses has an incredible old Ford pickup that rests on the red brick driveway....a brilliant yellow. This vehicle captures my eye each time I see it, and sounds as beautiful as it looks, on the chanced sighting of it purring gracefully down the road. I thought I'd try my luck at getting a good shot of that beautiful truck today... this is what I ended up with...